Waste Tyres Problem In Thailand
- 600,000 Metric Tonnes of waste tyres are generated annually in Thailand.
- If not disposed of properly these tyres have the potential to harm human health (through mosquito born diseases) and the environment. (Mosquito born diseases such as dengue fever are predicted to hit record numbers in Thailand during 2016).
- Most common problems associated with waste tyres are open air fires that are difficult to extinguish and release toxic emissions to the atmosphere and the creation of mosquito and pest habitats. These pests can carry illnesses like encephalitis and dengue fever.
- 65% of waste tyres in Thailand are currently being landfilled, open burned or dumped.
“Tyre Pyrolysis harvests 4 “Green“ products: Carbon Blacks (CB), Steel, Oil, and high caloric combustible Gas, which can be used for generating electrical energy, heat, steam, or hydrogen.”
VH5 Process : Turning Waste Tyres Into Products
“Applying the proven technology and project management track record of the Hatlar Group, together with significant experience of Verde Tech Group in Thailand”
The VH5 technology makes use of a pyrolysis catalytic reforming approach as a means of converting waste tyres into various grades of finely milled carbon black, fuel oil pyrolysis gas and high quality tensile steel.
Main components of the VH5technology are:
- Thermal Conversion reactor (Pyrolysis)
- Condensation and distillation plant
- Carbon Black refining
- Gas recycling system
- Advanced scrubber and emission control system
Thermal Conversion Reactors
Cooling and Oil Distillation System
Tyre Pyrolysis vs. Rubber Granulation
- The international market price of quality virgin CB for rubber applications (made from oil) is approx. 1.100 USD/t and a huge demand already exists (8 million ton p.a. worldwide). Rubber granules has limited demand and a market price of 100 to 200 USD/t and it is difficult to sell.
- Tire Pyrolysis delivers clean steel after processing and sells for regular scrap price approx. 150 US$/t, steel from rubber shredding/grinding has still too much rubber attached what the profit let decrease.
- Tire Pyrolysis harvests Oil & Gas adding substantially higher revenue.
- Tire Pyrolysis processing plant need very minor maintenance in comparison with the heavy Shredding Machines who makes rubber granules.
- Costly knifes etc. to be renewed frequently.
- The world Oil prices will increase but recycled CB will have stable prices so it’s price advantage is even higher in the future.
- Same economic point applies to the recycled steel, oil and gas.